Flower Mound trees look a little happier this time of year.
The town's S.T.A.R. program (Sad Tree Along Road) are popping up around the town.
The town said residents are encouraged to decorate trees along a public road to spread some holiday cheer.
There are a few rules you need to be aware of:
• Choose a tree in a safe location and be cautious when crossing streets.
• If the tree is on private property, ask permission before you decorate.
• Follow all HOA rules and regulations.
• Use decorations that are not a danger to wildlife, and make sure they are attached securely to the tree.
• Clean up all your decorations by Jan. 3.